If you book please make sure that you come in or give us 4 hours notice of cancellation. ages 3-12 If not, sadly we will need to charge you $25. This will be added to your next attendance. Infants and Toddlers 12 hours cancellation or FULL charges apply!
• Children can be 6 weeks to 12 years of age at all locations.
• 2 hour minimum stay
• Hours are marked by 15 minute increments and rounded up
• We are a non-shoe facility – socks must be worn. If your child forgot them, we can provide them for $3.00/pair.
• $3.00 per minute charge will apply to after-closing hours pickups.
• Diapers can be provided at a cost of $2.00/per diaper, extra clothes are not provided.
• Lunch can be provided for $8.00(LA) $6.00OR and Dinner for $8.00. If your child is here during our lunch hour 12-1 and does not have a lunch or snack, we will provide one at cost.
• We are not responsible for lost or broken personal items, please do not bring any toys or electronics with you.
• Please sign your child in using first and last name along with a number where we can reach you. Please log the time when you pick him/her up.
• If your child is going to nap you need to bring in a blanket and/or sheet.
• If you leave your child’s things you have 2 weeks to pick them up before we send them to the Goodwill.
• Please label all of your child’s items with their name.
• If your child is under 2 please provide your child with a water bottle to use while with us.
• Please clearly mark all bottles, feeding materials, diapers, etc with the child’s name.
After 9pm Rules
As per Licensing 414-300-0360
• If your child needs a cuddle blanket for late night care, please provide.
• If you would like your child to be put in sleepwear, please provide.
It is parents’ responsibility to pick up children before closing time. A late fee of $3/minute will be charged if parents arrive after closing time.
WeVillage is a “well-child care facility.” At no time do we provide sick childcare. The following illness policies will be strictly enforced, for the health, well-being and safety of all concerned.
Sick Child Policy:
Under no circumstances may a parent bring a sick child to WeVillage, if the child shows any signs of illness (see SYMPTOMS REQUIRING REMOVAL OF CHILD FROM CHILD CARE), or is unable to participate in the normal routine and regular day care program. Sick children will expose all children and staff members who they come in contact with. These people can in turn expose the other children. Sick children want care from their parents in the comfort of their own homes. If other children become ill due to exposure to your sick child, either because he/she was returned to WeVillage before full recovery or because he/she was not picked up promptly upon notice of becoming ill, other parents will be unnecessarily inconvenienced. This is disruptive to other children and their families, your cooperation on this issue is extremely important.
Every effort is taken to reduce the spread of illness by encouraging hand washing and other sanitary practices.
If your child is unable to participate in the normal activities of the daycare then your child MUST stay home.
Children will be visually screened when they arrive in the morning. In the event a child becomes ill and needs to be picked up, the parent(s) will be called and are expected to come pick the child up within one hour (60 minutes). If the parent(s) cannot be reached, or have not arrived within an hour, the emergency contact person will be called and asked to come pick the child up.
For the benefit of our staff and other children in our care, a sick child will not be permitted to return to care for 24 hours after condition has returned to normal. The child may return 24 – 48 hours (depending upon the illness) after they have received the first dose of an antibiotic. If a child receives an antibiotic for an ear infection, he/she may return to day care immediately if he/she has been free of other symptoms mentioned for at least 24 hours. If you aren’t sure about whether or not to bring your child to care, please call your onsite director to discuss it. Allergy related symptoms, and non-communicable illnesses do not require exclusion if you have a note from your doctor.
Symptoms requiring removal of child from day care:
• Fever: Fever is defined as having a temperature of 100°F or higher taken under the arm, 101°F taken orally, or 102°F taken rectally. For children 4 months or younger, the lower rectal temperature of 101°F is considered a fever threshold; (a child needs to be fever free for a minimum of 24 hours before returning to daycare, that means the child is fever free without the aid of Tylenol®, or any other fever reducing substance.)
• Fever AND sore throat, rash, vomiting, diarrhea, earache, irritability, or confusion.
• Diarrhea: runny, watery, bloody stools, or 2 or more loose stools within last 4 hours.Vomiting: 2 or more times in a 24 hour period. Note: please do not bring your child if they have vomited in the night.
• Breathing trouble, sore throat, swollen glands, loss of voice, hacking or continuous coughing.
• Runny nose (other than clear), draining eyes or ears.
• Frequent scratching of body or scalp, lice, rash, or any other spots that resemble childhood diseases, including ringworm.
• Child is irritable, continuously crying, or requires more attention than we can provide without hurting the health, safety or well-being of the other children in our care.
Parents will provide any medications needed by the child, including over-the-counter and prescription medicine. Written authorization is needed for us to administer ANY medication, prescription or over-the-counter. NOTE: All medicines must be in their original container with pharmacist’s or manufacturer’s label, child’s name, dosage instructions, current date, name of medication, and times to be administered clearly written.
WeVillage is aware that many children have allergies, some very serious. It is the parent’s responsibility to inform staff of any allergies, including allergies to medications. Parents are welcome to leave an EpiPen with staff in case of an emergency. EpiPens must be labeled with the child’s name, and a medication form must be filled out. In order to help keep all children in our center safe and healthy WeVillage is strictly a NUT-FREE facility. At no time can peanuts, peanut products, tree-nuts or their products be brought into the center. This includes granola bars containing nuts, nut-based milk products, candy containing nuts, etc.
Staff to Child Ratios
WeVillage uses the following staff to child ratios in accordance with the State of Oregon:
Infants 6 weeks to 12 months – 1:4
Toddlers 12 months to 24 months – 1:4
Toddlers 2 years to 3 years – 1:5
Children 3 years to 5 years – 1:10
Kindergarten through 12 years – 1:15
Releasing a Child for Pick Up
A child will only be released to a custodial parent or guardian, or designated emergency contacts named on the child’s enrollment form. A parent or guardian may grant permission for another adult to pick up the child if permission is given to staff in writing. Telephone authorization to release a child to someone who does not usually pick up the child will be accepted only in concert with prior written authorization from the custodial parent or legal guardian. No child will be released without the presence or permission of the custodial parent or legal guardian. Any authorized person who is not recognized by the staff will be required to provide photo identification such as a driver’s license, work or school ID before the child is released. The custodial parent/guardian may provide a photograph of authorized persons for pick up of the child, which will be kept in the child’s record at the facility. Staff/Administrator will notify the police if an unauthorized person seeks custody of the child.